Feedback & Followups
- Thanks to the iOS 17 & macOS Sonoma Betas we now know more about how password sharing in iCloud Keychain will work — www.macobserver.com/… (iOS) & appleinsider.com/… (macOS)
- Everyone needs to have an iCloud account with iCloud keychain enabled
- Everyone will need to be on the latest OSes
- The creator of the group will invite others to join it via an invite link, and they’ll need to accept that invite to join the group
❗ Action Alerts
- Apple Updates All Active Operating Systems to Block Exploited Security Vulnerabilities — tidbits.com/…
- This is a fix for the bugs in the exploit recently revealed by Kaspersky — nakedsecurity.sophos.com/…
- Patch Tuesday — no Zero-days this month, but still 4 critical patches from Microsoft — nakedsecurity.sophos.com/… & krebsonsecurity.com/…
- ASUS warns router customers: Patch now, or block all inbound requests — nakedsecurity.sophos.com/…
- 🇨🇦 UPS is warning Canadian users that a bug in their online tracking tool was leaking phone numbers and that attackers are using these leaked numbers to actively target users with SMS-based phishing (Smishing) attacks that include correct recent shipment details — krebsonsecurity.com/…
- The W3C has published the new Secure Payments Confirmation (SPC) specification as a Candidate Recommendation, a major milestone to becoming a standard. When implemented, this will allow browsers to use FIDO standards to cryptographically verify user consent to online card payments, closing off a commonly used avenue for fraud — [appleinsider.com/…](https://appleinsider.com/articles/23/06/15/a-new-web-standard-will-add-another-layer-of-security-to-online-payment-services-like-apple-pay & www.w3.org/…
- With its latest OS betas, Apple has started testing Passkeys for logging in to Apple websites — www.cultofmac.com/…
- Save and sign in with passkeys in your browser (beta) | 1Password support.1password.com/…
- 🎧 An interview with the person leading Passkey support in 1Password: The Changelog: Passkeys for a passwordless future — overcast.fm/…
- AI – the technology becomes ubiquitous, a vast tasker underclass is emerging — and not going anywhere. AI Is a Lot of Work — theverge.com/…
- 🎧 Season 2 of the BBC World Service’s podcast on North Korea’s state hacking group is now fully released: The Lazarus Heist: Season 2 Episode 1 – Jackpotting — overcast.fm/…
When the textual description of a link is part of the link it is the title of the page being linked to, when the text describing a link is not part of the link it is a description written by Bart.
|A link to audio content, probably a podcast.
|A call to action.
|The story is particularly relevant to people living in a specific country, or, the organisation the story is about is affiliated with the government of a specific country.
|A link to graphical content, probably a chart, graph, or diagram.
|A story that has been over-hyped in the media, or, “no need to light your hair on fire” 🙂
|A link to an article behind a paywall.
|A pinned story, i.e. one to keep an eye on that’s likely to develop into something significant in the future.
|A tip of the hat to thank a member of the community for bringing the story to our attention.