Open post
Figure graphically shows how roughly 68% of the electric energy stored in an EV is used to power the wheels while the remaining 32% is lost due to charging, drivetrain, cooling, and auxiliary electricity use. However, energy added back to the drivetrain due to regenerative braking increases the EV’s efficiency to roughly 90% with only 10% of effective loss in energy.

Impact of Adverse Conditions on EV vs. ICE Vehicle Efficiency

Allison and I have had a question for a long time about electric vehicles. The mileage you get driving an electric vehicle (EV) is highly affected by things like whether you’re driving into the wind, you’re driving up a hill, or you’re towing something. But mileage for gas-powered (internal combustion engine or ICE) vehicles doesn’t […]

Continue readingMore Tag
Scroll to top